I was recently asked for some ideas on how to spend money wisely this holiday while still helping to stimulate the economy. Here are a few ideas:
- Make a list and check it twice and maybe three times before you start to shop and spend.
- Reduce the number of adults gifts (use the old stand by of a grab bag for adults) to have more to spend on the kids.
- Skip gift cards — give cash — it is more likely to get used completely vs. gift cards that get forgotten and underused.
- When shopping, shop the discount or membership stores — more for your money — but hang on to the list so you don’t buy what you do not need.
- Shop the local holiday fairs where many small businesses are showing their unique and quality wares at prices that are well below department stores.
Share this article: